PPS at the CSE
Safety Mind Set
PPS experts have their own view, their own way of thinking!
Could it be any more conservative? Probably not, but that’s a good thing. No less than human lives and our environment are at stake. You can – no, you have to – think and act conservatively. That is what PPS experts do. But such things have to be learned. As a rule, it does not happen on its own.
The engineer loves the avarage! – A PPS expert looks for the limits.
Certain qualities are expected of a PPS expert:
- think global, but conservatively
- communicate actively
- Evaluate across disciplines
- Act socially responsible and self-confident
- Search for economic solutions
Sounds easy, but it is complicated.
You need a lot of experience and a good education:
- Safety methodologies | Practice at industrial plants
- Interdisciplinary training in teams, safety-typical networking and active communication
- Sound physical principles (short cut methods) for result checks and the evaluation of consequences
- Good knowledge and experience in numerical modelling (Aspendynamics, gProms, CFD, possibilities and limitations of the methods).
- Evaluation of suitable methods for use in the case of non-designated operation of installations
The typical education of engineers and scientists is not sufficient for the required qualities. It must be supplemented if a PPS expert wants to do a good job.
- The CSE Institute offers teaching in the field of process and plant safety.
- The CSE Institute offers Bachelor’s and Master’s theses.
- The CSE Institute offers PhD theses
The optimal preparation for practice in industry – in close coordination and cooperation with industry.