College Station, Texas, USA
Mary Kay o`Conner Process Safety Center was founded in 1994. Here a long term cooperation contract is signed in November 2014 between Dr. Sam Mannan of MKOPSC (to the left) and Prof. Jürgen Schmidt of CSE Society (to the right).
CSE-Institute and MKOPSC join hands to reach their common objectives – fostering of young academics and research in the area of Process and Plant Safety.
Prof. Dr. Hans Pasman, MKOPSC (to the right) came to grace the occasion where a cooperation contract was signed between the two entities.
Key points in the cooperation contract
- Develop safer processes, equipment, procedures and management strategies to balance industrial needs with environmental requirements and preserve worldwide resources
- Educate young professionals and safety engineers to make safety second nature
- Enhance safety in the process industries
- Develop worldwide accepted, equally high standards for process and plant safety
To reach these objectives, this LOI will solidify the relationship with regard to the following topics:
- MKOPSC and CSE will work together to develop proposals for international research projects and funding
- The parties inform each other about support activities on a regular basis
Education of young academics (high potential safety educated engineers)
- Reconciliation of curricula for Master students
- Student exchange program (Master thesis in foreign country)
Harmonization of Process Safety Methodologies
- Comparison and evaluation of Safety Methods in the US and Europe
- Support current state of knowledge for industrial application
- Support activities to harmonize standards
- Coordination of joint conferences and corporate sessions
- Regular knowledge exchange to identify future topics and optimization of potential in process and plant safety
- Publication of white papers
MKOPSC and CSE share web pages with current activities. Each party is responsible for the content of its institute at the pages of the cooperation partner.